1. Find Your Niche: When posting on Instagram, try picking a theme and really focus on providing images that fit within it. Find others that fit within that niche as well. Be sure to like and comment on them, but be authentic. You don’t want to come across all "spammy."
2. Create Your Own Hashtag: Start your own community by creating your own hashtag. Be sure to use it in every post you put on Instagram. Place it in your Bio, use it when commenting on other post within your niche, etc. The more you use it, the more others will begin to use it as well.
3. Be Social: It's not called social media for nothing. When commenting on other users post, be sure you’re leaving genuine comments. You don’t want to come across boring. Leave comments that would encourage someone to post more about the image you like. You'll find that they will begin commenting on your post as well - helping grow your following.
4. Ask for a Follow: There is nothing wrong with a little shameless self-promotion. Don’t be afraid to ask for people to follow you. You’d be surprised how many do. All you have to do is ask.
5. Review Your Past Post: Every now and then, take a look back on your past post. Which received the most comments? Which received the most likes? Use that insight to post similar photos in the future.
6. Tag Your Location: When posting something in the moment, or from a social event, be sure to mark your location. “Geo-Tagging” your photo will help categorize it and allow others to see it based on that location.
Comment below on the tips you find that help grow Instagram followers.